Abuse, Missing Consumers and SIRS: Management Module
All Australians have a right to live free from abuse and neglect. The Serious Incident Response Scheme (SIRS) aims to reduce the risk of harm to older Australians using home services by creating a national framework for incident management and the reporting of serious incidents. This course explores different types of abuse, the responsibilities of staff and their reporting obligations when serious incidents occur.
This course consists of two modules - one for all staff (45 minutes) and one for management (30 minutes).
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different types of abuse
- Explain what the Serious Incident Response Scheme is
- Discuss the responsibilities of staff
- Identify what a reportable incident is
- Discuss the incident management process
- Explain the SIRS reporting process (management module only)
Who is this course appropriate for:
This course is appropriate for all staff who work in Home Care Sector.
Continuing Professional Development Hours:
CPD: This course is worth 0.75 Continuing Professional Development Hours