Maggie Beer Foundation - Module 8: Food Culture of First Australians
Featuring Maggie Beer with:
- Christian Hampson - Cultural Landscape Designer, Yerrabingin
- Nicole Turner - Nutritionist
This special module is directed at the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
We will explore the ‘Native Larder’ from seed to table, the flavours, aromas, cultural significance and the sustainable and nutritional benefits of these foods.
The module will be highly relevant across all homes as it will demonstrate ways to include native Australian ingredients into everyday cooking that will bring pleasure to our Aboriginal and Torres Strait elders.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Recognise the significant cultural diversity of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Explain how to demonstrate respect for culture and diversity
- Discuss ways to grow and introduce native foods into your meals
- Prepare and adapt recipes to include native Australian ingredients
Who is this course appropriate for:
This module is suitable for cooks, chefs and kitchen staff working in aged care.
View the trailer below to preview the course: