Maggie Beer Foundation - Module 1: Creating Tempting Finger Food and Sandwiches
Featuring Maggie Beer with:
- Morgan Pankhurst - Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Peter Morgan-Jones - Executive Chef, HammondCare
- Amanda Orchard - Chef, Maggie Beer Foundation
For some people, a full-sized traditional meal can be a daunting sight, often resulting in a meal that’s pushed away and ignored. Introducing alternative meal options that are wholesome, tasty, interesting and appealing to the senses could make all the difference to the way a person approaches their mealtimes. Delicious, aromatic bites, such as flavourful finger foods and small sandwiches are an ideal way to support a person’s independence and self esteem at the dining table, particularly those who might have cognitive issues or physical conditions that affect their dexterity.
Finger food options throughout the day can also assist in an increase in protein and essential nutrients and aid in the prevention of malnutrition.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate how to adapt standard meals into finger food formats
- Demonstrate how to create and present quality, tasty finger food items for different mealtimes
- Explain ways to increase protein intake throughout the day
Who is this course appropriate for:
This module is suitable for cooks, chefs and kitchen staff working in aged care.
View the trailer below to preview the course: