Dysphagia and Texture Modified Foods IDDSI Framework Implementation
The course will provide you with a broad understanding of Dysphagia and the physiology of the condition; the importance of maintaining sufficient nutrition in clients with Dysphagia; and how to categorise and test your texture modified food and drinks according to the IDDSI Framework.
The course includes 2 videos from the Altura Learning catalogue:
- ‘Dysphagia: Awareness and Support of Swallowing Difficulties’
- ‘Hydration and Nutrition: Including Special Diets’
Participants will gain the following knowledge and understanding of:
- Dysphagia, its anatomy and physiology
- Normal feeding and swallowing
- Feeding and swallowing disorders in the aged
- Dysphagia intervention and complications
- The importance of maintaining a healthy diet
- IDDSI - Framework
- IDDSI – Drink and Food Testing Methods
Who is this course appropriate for:
All management, administrative, clinical, personal care and catering staff engaged in the Aged and Disability Care sectors.
Continuing Professional Development Hours:
Up to 3 hours
Special offer for organisations & care providers ONLY: We offer practical workshops training in “food and drink testing” or “production of texture modified food and drinks”. For more information or enquiries, please click here.